Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Zucchini Bread

I got the recipe from a friend, and of course I tweaked it a bit when I made it. 


Bonnie's Zucchini bread
3 eggs
1 c oil
2 c sugar
2 c blended zucchini (peeled and seeded)
3 t vanilla
Beat eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini, and vanilla. When blending zucchini, you may add a little water if needed.
3 c flour
3 t cinnamon
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; mix well. Bake at 1 hour @325. Makes 2 5x8 pans. Freezes well.

Jana's Version of Bonnie's Zucchini Bread
3 eggs
1 c oil
1 1/2 c sugar
2 c blended zucchini (seeded, not peeled)
1 T. vanilla
Beat eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini, and vanilla. I used a food processor to blend up the zucchini, I didn't have to add any water.
2 c flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 T. cinnamon
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; mix well. Bake at 1 hour @325. Makes 2 5x8 pans. Freezes well.


 My little helper, what a goof

 1 good sized zucchini

 take out the seeds and the spongey area surrounding them

 cube up zucchini and put it in the trusty food processor

 scrape down sides and blend again

 measure out the 2 c you need 
* I made two batches, so I measured 4 c. here

 My helpers! Cook with your kids, they will love it!

 Add 3 eggs 

 Add 1 c. oil

 Add 1 T. vanilla
*Note: 3 t. vanilla is the same as 1 T. vanilla, 
so save yourself measuring 3 times and measure once!

 Add 1 1/2 c. sugar
* I cut out 1/2 c. sugar, it is still plenty sweet

 Mix

 Add 2 c. flour and 1 c. whole wheat flour
* I like to add a little whole wheat flour when I can,
It gives it more texture and added goodness

 Add 1 T. cinnamon, 1 t. salt, 1 t. baking powder and 1 t. baking soda
(what a silly girl!)

 Mix well

 Place in two 5x8 inch bread pans

TIP OF THE DAY: cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the bread pan, lay it in the bottom, spray sides and bottom with cooking spray, add dough.  When you go to take the bread out of the pan, you will not have any problem with it sticking on the bottom, and the sides come loose with just a quick once around with a bread knife.

 Bake at 325 for about 1 hour

 The mess! 
And this doesn't even include all the food processor pieces.

 Baked up and ready to eat, YUM!

 It is so good and moist, it doesn't even need butter!



No comments:

Post a Comment